The project partners follow the principles of ET2020 ”Improve the quality and efficiency of education and training; enhance creativity including entrepreneurship, and especially it is based on the principle of “fewer than 15% of 15 year-olds should be under-skilled in reading, mathematics and science”.
Project partnership consists of Estonia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Portugal, Italy and Lithuania and all partners have the same interest as integrating key elements and skills of 21. century education to their classes and exchanging information with cross-country and cross-cultural cooperation that will bring the innovation, critical thinking, group synergy and an added European value to each class.
STEM project is a 2 years project that will let the students experience real life and take part actively in Global problems. This project will raise awareness about ecology as well as helping students to meet the 21st century. To encourage the students to solve real life problems, we think that Pollution is a good way to support all the four branches of STEM. The age group we refer is 12-16 secondary school students. 6 participants from each country (4 pupils + 2 teachers) take part in mobilities and 170 participants will benefit directly in total. From 6 different countries, totally 5000 students aged 12- 16, 420 teachers will benefit indirectly with the activities and dissemination.
The partners decided to implement the Stem project because the schools are the places to guide the students for the right future jobs and raise the students for the world of work. In many parts of Europe, employers have difficulties hiring people with the right STEM skills, particularly ICT professionals. The latest PISA and TIMMS data show that more than one in five 15-year olds in Europe are functionally illiterate in reading, maths and science.
The tangible outcomes:
- 6 Short terms exchange of pupils.
- Fictional short Stories (Before pupils focus on a problem, a fictional stort written in turn will be presented)
- Interactive posters/leaflets/booklet
- Comics about air and noise pollution to be collected in a magazine
- interactive pinboard about the effects of air pollution on health
- Videos of each activity to upload to the website regularly.
- Results of researches about Pollution, questionnaires for the students twice a year through Google forms;
- Evaluation questionnaires;
- e twinning colloboration
- Enhancing Stem education with 3D printing(Designing Solutions To Natural Disaster and pollution problems)
- Hands-on activities and Experiments that includes pollution types
- e-book that includes all the activities
- Building a Stem lab in every partner school
The intangible outcomes:
- to help students develop mathematical and scientific proficiency and understanding that can be applied in varied situations
- enhance the language learning and explorative and innovative side of pupils.
- Promote pupils to challenge-based, problem-based and project based learning.
- Develop detailed work plans, in the development of specific skills of 21. Century that will help the students to contextualize pedagogy .
- To provide students with the opportunity to explore a real-world scientific problems and give them a hands-on experience opportunities.
- To allow teachers to participate in professional workshops and help them to have a strong relationship both personally and professionally.
- Expanding political, social and educational competences and developing critical thinking.
The teachers will be selected according to:
The skills in English enough to manage the activities, time availability, desire to take part in, experience in national and European projects
The students will be selected according to:
Their active role in project, motivation and desire to participate, taking part in E-twinning Children who comes from disadvantaged areas and girl students will be prioritized.
The activities will include four main pollution types (Air, Water, Light, Noise) renewable energy workshops and ecological activities such as:
Make your natural product, find your carbon footprint etc.that all be supported with Stem.
For the whole project life, starting with the application period and ending with the report to be submitted to the applicant National Agency, we will be in permanent contact with all our partners in order to organize the proposed activities, the project meetings in the best possible way for the participants, to realize all the project products, but also to be able to solve any problem in a very short time.
The project activities and meeting details, photos, videos, assesments will all be uploaded to e- twinning and it will be exhibited in twinspace. The website of the project will be long-lasting and it will be active at least three years after the project and the staff and the partner country’s students will have access to all materials and activities. E-book will be printed and be used as a Stem guide in partner schools.